Wednesday 26 June 2013

Some Wood Elves.... well a Wood Elf!


Some Wood Elves.... well a Wood Elf!


After a painting drought with no time given over to my hobbies....curse you real world(!)....I finally sat down yesterday and I did some painting.  I have been meaning to finish my Wood Elves for some time now, so work on this has started. (And Gaj is painting loads and shameing me into painting again!!!)

Here are the latest recruits.
 


 

One “Beastmaster” , a classic 1980’s ‘3rd Edition’ miniature stripped and repainted!  I will be the first to admit that although I really like the old miniatures I am not a 1980’s miniatures only person.  However this one is a very nice sculpt indeed.  His bears are all current ‘Wargames Foundry’ miniatures.  There was a fair amount of flash to clean up on these but they are nice miniatures and very easy to paint.

Sorry about the pictures, they are not great but my wife’s camera is a little complicated for a technophobe such as myself!

 

Regards

 

Andre

9 comments:

  1. Looking good, i love it when WFA ''bears'' all in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool unit. I love the beast master (or bear master lol. The 3rd edition army lists are so rich they rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Andre - loving the bears. I'm sure I'll get to meet them soon (looking at dates now, actually!) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool mix. They mix very good and the bears have much more life in them than the more static 80s GW bears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nicely done.
    Great idea using the Foundry Bears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work there, I love those old animal handlers as well as the rest of the 3rd ed range of elves, but it seems so dose everybody else as they are increasing in price on e-bay every time I see them.

    Those bears are a good call, the origional one is nise but a bit static especialy in bigger units, I might have to get me a few of those.

    ttfn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your comments. Foundry miniatures were my first choice for historical gaming using Warhammer Ancient Battles. They are my first choice for figures when I cannot find a Citadel miniature I want, providing they have a suitable stand in.

    With the release of the Gods of Battle rules, published by Foundry, they have a number of great miniatures that could stand in for 3rd edition armies. Its worth looking into. To get them you have to look on both their ebay shop and their 'normal' internet webstore. Some of these new miniatures aren't on either and you have to call direct to purchase them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Those bears are great. In my old Wood Elf army I used toy plastic bears I picked up at a Zoo gift shop for 35 cents each .. they actually weren't bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice work. A dangerous unit, those bears.

    ReplyDelete